UNION SQUARE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
SWEEPSTAKES ON FACEBOOK
January 14, 2013 – January 27, 2013
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING UNION SQUARE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT'S WEEKEND GETAWAY TO UNION SQUARE SAN FRANCISCO SWEEPSTAKES ON FACEBOOK (“SWEEPSTAKES”), ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of any of the 50 United States or D.C., who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes winner as well as each of the two persons selected by the winner to participate in the Weekend Getaway to Union Square San Francisco (the "Getaway") must all be 21 years of age or older at the time of Sweepstake entry in order to participate in the Getaway. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Union Square Business Improvement District or any judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members of each (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and or “step”) and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 14, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on January 27, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit “Union Square SF's Girl’s Getaway for 3 Sweepstakes” application on the Facebook Platform at http://www.facebook.com/UnionSquareSF (“Web Site”) and follow the online instructions to complete and submit an online entry to include your first and last name, address, email address, phone number, and date of birth. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON: You may enter only one time. All entries must be received and recorded during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. No other form of entry is valid. Entrants must submit a valid email address. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled entries are not eligible. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries. By entering the contest you agree that if you are one of the winners you consent for Union Square Business Improvement District to announce your first and last name on their blog and social channels (facebook, Twitter, Pinterest). Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entrants Sponsor suspects or believes may be involved in crowd sourcing votes, vote sharing, or using any and all other forms of voting methods to fraudulently achieve votes.
4. PHOTOGRAPH AND STORY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: SUBMISSIONS POSTED TO THE WEB SITE WILL NOT BE EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Photographs, stories, or comments cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. By submitting a photograph, story, or comment you acknowledge that your photograph, story, and/or comment may be posted on the Sponsor’s Web Site, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any photograph, story, and/or comment you submit. Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the photograph, comment, or story in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Entries that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the Sweepstakes Period will be ineligible. Photos, stories, and/or comments that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the Sweepstakes Period will void participant’s entry. Photos, stories and/or comments cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain or reference trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except Union Square SF), without permission, or contain any personally identifiable identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. By submitting a photo, story, and/or comment you warrant and represent that it: (a) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (b) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name or likeness is used in the photo, story, and/or comment, if any; and c) that publication of the photo, story, and/or comment via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on any third party rights. By your submission you agree to indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary. Any comment or idea that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. By submitting a photo, story, and/or comment, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the concept and content contained in the photo, story, and/or comment on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the concept and content without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related concepts and content previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
5. WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected by Sponsor on or about January 28, 2013 from the top ten entries receiving the most votes on Facebook amongst all eligible entries received. Sponsor's decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. A total of one (1) winner will be determined. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: Prize – One (1) winner will be chosen. Eligibility will be confirmed before award is considered final. The winner will receive:
(a) 1 suite for 2 nights at The Hotel Diva (subject to blackouts and other restrictions as determined by the Hotel Diva)
(b) 3 relaxing and beautifying Bare Your BellaPelle Lite Facials from Bella Pelle Skin Studio
(c) Meal for 3 at E&O Trading Co., up to a maximum amount of $400.
(d) 3 Macy's gift cards of $50 each
(e) $50 to Kurt Geiger for each of three (3) persons
(f) 3 Avital Tours Cocktail Tour Vouchers
Winner must select and bring two guests with winner to the Getaway in order to claim the prize. Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Approximate Retail Value: $2,000.00. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or the Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment or any person resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. In the event of an identity dispute, entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address used for entry. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants are minors) release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, (a) recipient agrees that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize, and (b) recipient grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize award is permitted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, Web Site unavailability, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor's representatives. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prize among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of California, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California. This Sweepstakes is void where regulated, prohibited by law, or taxed.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner cannot be verified, if any mail is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address, or if winner is otherwise unable or unavailable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
10. WINNER’S LIST: The names of the winners will be posted on the Union Square SF online blog at http://www.visitunionsquaresf.com/about_union_square/blog/ and on Facebook and Twitter after sweepstakes ends.
11. SPONSOR: Union Square Business Improvement District, 323 Geary Street, Suite 401, San Francisco, CA 94102. Questions regarding this sweepstakes may be directed to Jeani Hunt-Gibbon at Jeani@unionsquarebid.com.
© 2013 Union Square Business Improvement District
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.