Summer is here and nothing brings out our love for burgers like sunshine and warm weather. From classic American burgers with traditional toppings like lettuce, tomato, onions and cheese to new twists on old favorites like beer mustard, habanero peppers and green garlic aioli, we know you’ll fall in love with these top 10 best burgers here in Union Square, San Francisco.
1. Hogwash – If you are craving something unique and flavorful you have to try Hogwash’s version of a cheeseburger, The Abe Froman Sausage Sandwich. This delicious “burger” is the perfect combination of house made beef, cheddar and bacon sausage, Thousand Island dressing, chopped romaine, tomatoes and pickles. Top it off with some of their specialty hot sauce and beer mustard and pair it with one of their 30 craft beers on tap and you’ve just found heaven!
2. Tap  – Tap  is known for putting a unique twist on classic American dishes and their Tap Burger is no exception. This juicy burger is loaded with tempura bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, pickled red onions and togarashi remoulade. Pair it with a side of BBQ chips and a beer on tap and you’ve got yourself one of the best burgers in The Square.
3. Lori's Diner - No matter what time of day you are craving a mouthwatering burger, Lori’s Diner has got you covered. With a wide selection of classic burgers to pick from, including Lori's Signature Burger with a 1/3 pound of juicy 100% black angus ground beef, served with lettuce, tomato, onions, and topped with bacon, caramelized onions, Swiss cheese, and your choice of regular fries, or sweet potato fries you can enjoy a tasty burger 24/7.
4. Burger Bar - If you enjoy heat and you are up for a challenge, we recommend trying The World’s Hottest Hamburger at Burger Bar. With a black angus patty stuffed with Burger Bar world’s hottest hot sauce, jalapenos and habanero peppers served on a jalapeno bun topped with an additional layer of jalapeno and habanero peppers, jalapeno bacon, tomatoes and chipotle aioli, this burger is certainly the hottest in the world coming in at 2,750,000 scoville units.
5. Sears Fine Food – Sears Fine Food has been serving up their Sears Burger since 1938 and is well loved by everyone who tries it. This oldie but goodie keeps tradition alive by using classic American toppings like lettuce, tomato, and onions, and comes with your choice of fries, mix Greens, or a Caesar salad.
6. Golden Gate Tap Room – Offering one of our favorite lunch specials in The Square, The Golden Gate Tap room serves up a savory burger, fries and a beer for only $10 every weekday from 11am – 3pm.
7. Burger House – The Super Burger at Burger House is a whopping 8oz burger with two patties, lettuce, tomato, red onions, pickles and the Burger house’s ever so famous secret sauce. Paired with house onion rings and a root beer float, you’ve got yourself one of our favorite meals.
8. Gaspar Brasserie – Gaspar Brasserie knows how to add a French twist to every dish and their Le Grand Burger is no exception. Served on a brioche bun with Brie, Neuske’s bacon, house pickles, green garlic aioli, shallot confit and oven-dried tomatoes, this is one delectable burger that you have to try!
9. Morton’s The Steakhouse - Morton’s The Steakhouse is famous in Union Square for their steaks and seafood, however unknown to many, Morton’s actually exists today because of their hamburgers! Morton’s Prime Burger is a generous beef patty topped with sautéed mushrooms, secret sauce, onion, lettuce and tomato and served with some of the best french-fries in San Francisco.
10. Dirty Habit – The DH Burger at the Dirty Habit is one of our all-time favorites. Topped with Swiss cheese and whiskey onions and served with a side of thick fries and tasty aioli, we know you’ll be hooked after the first bite!