Let’s face it, some of the best hours of the day can be had during happy hour! And, luckily for us, Union Square is filled with bars, restaurants and cocktail lounges with fabulous deals, perfect for a post-work gathering. Here are our top 10 happy hours in Union Square SF. Happy sipping!
1. 398 Brasserie – This cute French brasserie is a great spot to grab a drink after work with a generous happy hour every day from 4-7pm. You can’t beat their $4 select draft and bottled beers, $5 house red, white or rosé wine and $6 well cocktails. And, if you stick around, live jazz music starts at 7pm on Wednesday and Thursday nights!
2. Bartlett Hall – Hands down, Bartlett Hall is one of our favorite happy hour spots in Union Square. Not only can you get a pint of their famous house brews and select wine for $5, but many of their delicious entrees including their margherita pizza, Calabrian sausage and chicken wings are just $5 as well. Weekdays 3-6pm.
3. Tap 415 – Tap 415 is the perfect spot to catch the game and enjoy great happy hour specials. You really can’t go wrong with their $5 tap beer, $6 red or white tap wine or $7 John Daly cocktails. And, that’s not all, you can get their fabulous tuna tartare, pork sliders, sweet shrimp tacos, or our personal favorite, their beer battered onion rings for only $4.15! Daily 3-6 pm.
4. E & O Kitchen and Bar – A great deal can be hard to come by, so get yourself over to E&O for some $1 dumplings and oysters, $3 hoisin pork spare ribs, $3 ahi tuna tartare, $6 cocktails and much, much more! Mon – Sat. 3-6 pm.
5. Puccini and Pinetti – There are so many reasons to love Puccini and Pinetti, but one is their happy hour menu! Come get a $5 well cocktail, red, white, or sparkling wine, a $7 well martini, margarita or mojito, or an unbeatable long island for just $10. Daily 3-6 pm.
6. Colibri Mexican Bistro – The best way to finish off the work day is at Colobri. Come unwind with $5 margaritas, $7 tequila of the month and $6 bites like a poblano chile quesadilla or fish tacos. Plus, Thursdays are “Margarita Pitcher Day” only $25 a pitcher! Weekdays 3-6pm.
7. Bluestem Brasserie – You can drink for a good cause at Bluestem Brasserie! Their happy hour features $3 bottled and draft beers, $5 well drinks, $5 glasses of One Hope wine, and $7 for one of their signature cocktails, the Bluestem Smash (choice of either vodka or whiskey with seasonal fruit, lime, mint, and sparkling wine). And, best of all, $1 of every Bluestem Smash sold goes to UCSF cancer research and 50% of One Hope’s profits are donated to autism and breast cancer research. Weekdays 4-6:30pm.
8. Morton’s The Steakhouse – Morton’s serves up some truly delicious meals and during happy hour many of their infamous dishes are specially priced. We love their $8 parmesan truffle matchstick fries and $9 for their mini crab cake BLT’s is just unheard of! Mon.-Thu. 4-6:30p & 9-11p, Fri. 2-6:30p & 9-11p.
9. Winston's Bar & Lounge at the King George Hotel - Winston's Bar & Lounge is an intimate spot to grab drinks before an evening out. They have a wonderful selection California wine, beer and hors d'oeuvres specials. Plus, a large flat screen TV to catch the game! Daily 4-7 pm.
10. The European – This is a perfect spot to grab a post-work drink. Serving up some of the finest made cocktails in the City, you can get one of their signature cocktails for $7, bubbles and wine for $6 and delicious bites like calamari for $7, $4 braised sliders, and much more! Weekdays 5-8pm.