Whether you are looking to do a little day drinking with some friends, grab a post-work drink after a long day or you want to take in incredible city views as you sip a fancy cocktail, Union Square SF has just the place you are looking for! Check out these top 10 places to grab a drink in Union Square SF and start sipping!
1. Redwood Room at the CLIFT – This elegant and modern bar is the perfect place to head to after work. Come snack on gourmet bites, treat yourself to a delicious cocktail and enjoying curated music provided by well-known native San Francisco DJs along with world-class talent every Thursday through Saturday night.
2. ENO Wine Bar – Whether you are a casual sipper or a wine connoisseur, we know you’ll love ENO as much as we do! With 166 bottles to choose from (51 bottles under $50) and close to 50 wines by the glass (starting at $9), it’s easy to see why this is a popular local hangout spot. Check out their new flight menu that runs until the end of September here.
3. The Starlight Room at the Sir. Francis Drake Hotel – If you haven’t been to the Starlight Room, well then you’re missing out! Located 21 stories above Union Square, it’s one of the best places to see the City lights twinkle as you enjoy a well-made cocktail or a glass of bubbles.
4. The Irish Bank Bar & Restaurant – This authentic Irish pub is the perfect spot to grab a drink! They have a wide variety of beers on tap, as well as wine and cocktails and a full menu of classic Irish dishes. Plus, they have an amazing outdoor patio.
5. Bar 587 - Bar 587 is a cool casual bar and an ideal place to hang out and talk with friends. Not sure what kind of drink you like? No problem, just let the bartender know what kind of alcohol and flavors you like and they will handcraft a tasty and delicious drink just for you!
6. Hakkasan – This ultra-cool modern bar features a bronzed V-shaped bar and boasts a wide selection of wine and sake, not to mention a full menu of innovative cocktails made with hand-pressed juices, perfect for a fun night out on the town.
7. HOGWASH – This modern gastropub is a fantastic spot to grab a beer…or two with friends. Whether you want a standard 16 oz. pint, or you want to tackle their impressive 55 oz. Hog-Goblet, with 30 craft beers on tap you can’t go wrong with HOGWASH!
8. Bartlett Hall –Bartlett Hall is the only brewery in Union Square and offers a wonderful selection of house-brewed and local craft beers, as well as barrel-aged cocktails, California-focused wines and serves delicious bar bites and classic American fare.
9. Colibri Mexican Bistro –With over 300 different Tequilas and Mezcals to choose from, a terrific Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 pm, and a weekend brunch featuring bottomless mimosas, it’s easy to see why Colibri is one of the best places to grab a drink here in The Square.
10. The Cityscape Bar and Lounge at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square – What better way to enjoy a glass of bubbles or a hand-crafted cocktail than 46 floors above the City? The Cityscape Bar features breathtaking 360- degree views of San Francisco and is the perfect spot to enjoy a nightcap and watch the sunset over Union Square.