The holidays are a magical time of year, especially here in Union Square SF! And, if you are still looking to make your holiday plans, take a look at these festive events.
Special Christmas Menus
1. This holiday season, gather with friends and loved ones at Burritt Room + Tavern, where you'll enjoy a three-course feast for $56 per person. Chef Luke Knox's Christmas Eve menu features Oyster Stew, sweet and creamy fumé, as well as Coconut + Rice Flour Pancakes a la Bibingka.
2. The Oak Room is serving up a special Christmas Eve menu which includes oven roasted filet of beef and citrus marinated prawns ($48) and pan roasted trout ($35). And, on Christmas Day indulge on their Christmas Dinner Buffet with roasted turkey, prime rib, pork loin, greet e lacquered salmon and a special selection of deserts and pastries ($105).
3. In celebration of the time-honored Italian tradition, Tratto will be serving a Feast of Seven Fishes pre-fix menu for Christmas Eve and they have partnered with Cline Family Cellars and Cline Sisters Imports to offer perfectly paired beverages ($75 per person, $35 for pairing).
4. Head on over to Bluestem Brasserie for a sweet or savory brunch this Christmas Eve from 11am-3pm to enjoy delicious dishes like ricotta pancakes, croque madame and steak & eggs or stop by for dinner from 4-11pm to feast on bleu cheese crusted filet mignon, caramelized scallops or spiced roasted liberty duck breast.
5. Start a new tradition and join Morton’s The Steakhouse for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner where you’ll enjoy all of their signature dishes including prime steaks and seafood.
6. Winter Walk SF, an inviting pop-up plaza in the heart of Union Square, returns for its third year this Holiday season. On December 24th, come grab lunch and dinner from Off the Grid, a delicious chimney cake and coffee from Rill's Chimney Cake Café and a bag of freshly roasted chestnuts. Then stop by the beer garden, ride a motorized reindeer scooter and visit the AT&T booth!
7. Come light up the menorah and dance the night away to beats by DJ Ben Gershen at Ruby Skye on December 24th because Latke Ball 2016 falls on Christmas Eve and the first night of Chanukah this year!
8. Lace up your skates and head to the Safeway Holiday Ice Rink in Union Square presented by Alaska Airlines this Christmas for a fun and magical day of ice-skating in the beautiful Union Square Park surrounded by festive lights and the sights and sounds of the season.
9. Come press your nose up against the Macy’s Holiday Windows which features adoptable puppies and kittens from the San Francisco SPCA and take home your own bundle of joy this Christmas!
10. Come see a matinee showing of A Christmas Carol at A.C.T’s Geary Theater this Christmas Eve and watch as Ebenezer Scrooge encounters three ghosts showing him his past, present and future on the night before Christmas.