Union Square is home to some of the city’s hottest cocktail bars, but sometimes all you need is an ice cold beer! These 10 bars are conveniently located within walking distance of each other and offer some of the world’s finest craft beers on tap. So grab your friends, a pair of walking shoes and prepare for a fun day of drinking during the Union Square Pub Crawl!
1. Johnny Foley's Irish House – It’s always time for a pint at Johnny Foley's, which makes it the perfect place to start your day of drinking. With plenty of Irish Draughts to choose from and authentic Irish décor, you’ll feel like you took a trip to Ireland for your first beer of the day!
2. Bartlett Hall – Bartlett Hall is the only brewery here in Union Square. With a wide selection of local craft and house-brewed beers including The Bartlett Blond and the Hop On Hop Off IPA as well as tasty bar bites, pizzas and small plates, it’s easy to see why it’s a local hotspot and destination number two in the Union Square Pub Crawl.
3. Sam’s Cable Car Lounge – This is one fun place to grab a beer and hang out with friends. Enjoy happy hours specials weekdays from 2-6pm, and you might even get the chance to meet Sam!
4. Lefty O’Doul’s Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge –Lefty O’Doul’s is one of San Francisco’s most iconic restaurants and a local go-to for grabbing a beer and a bit to eat. Our Union Square Pub Crawl wouldn’t be complete without a trip to Lefty’s.
5. Tratto – Tratto may be new to The Square, but it has quickly become a local favorite. This rustic Italian restaurant is the perfect place to grab a pizza to share with your friends mid-way through your day of drinking, plus is has some great beers on tap too!
6. Bar 587 – It’s all about the atmosphere at Bar 587. With beautiful wood finishes, exposed brick lovely lighting and an extensive beer menu, you and your friends will get a true Union Square bar experience.
7. Hogwash - Hogwash is the place to go if beer is what you seek. With 30 beers on tap including Bay-Area draft beers, a great Belgian beer selection and lots of craft options that come all the way from Colorado to New York to Japan, they will make all of your beer dreams come true. And, if you are looking to go big, order your favorite beer in their 55 oz. Hog-Goblet!
8. Golden Gate Tap Room – You’ll have a blast at the Golden Gate Tap Room! They have an extensive list of rotating beers on tap including IPAs, ales, hefeweizen, lagers, pilsners, stouts and more! Plus, they have great snacks and fun games to play like pool, shuffleboard, SkeeBall and arcade games.
9. Burritt Room +Tavern - After a long and fun day of drinking, you’ll be ready to sit down and relax for a bit before your last hurrah. Come get a nice beer on tap, or a large bottle of beer to share with your group and enjoy their speakeasy décor and live jazz music.
10. The Irish Bank – This is the perfect spot to finish the Union Square Pub Crawl. The Irish Bank has a great outdoor patio, a fun atmosphere and a wonderful selection of beer and food to choose from!