Union Square is home to some of the city’s hottest cocktail bars, but sometimes all you need is an ice cold beer! These 10 bars are conveniently located within walking distance of each other and offer some of the world’s finest craft beers on tap. So grab your friends, a pair of walking shoes and prepare for a fun day of drinking during the Union Square Pub Crawl!
1. Johnny Foley’s Irish House – It’s always time for a pint at Johnny Foley’s, which makes it the perfect place to start your day of drinking. With plenty of Irish Draughts to choose from and authentic Irish décor, you’ll feel like you took a trip to Ireland for your first beer of the day!
2. Bartlett Hall – Bartlett Hall is the only brewery in Union Square and has a wide selection of local craft and house-brewed beers that range from hoppy IPA’s to summer pilsners and hearty chocolate milkshake porters. With plenty of tasty bar bites, pizzas and small plates, it’s easy to see why it’s a local hotspot and destination number two in the Union Square Pub Crawl.
3. Sam’s Cable Car Lounge – This is one fun place to grab a beer and hang out with friends. Enjoy happy hours specials weekdays from 2-6pm, and you might even get the chance to meet Sam!
4. Tratto – This local favorite is the perfect place to grab a pizza mid-way through your day of drinking. Plus, it’s the only place in The Square to grab a Boozy Italian Soda made with seasonal house-made syrup and your choice of spirit!
5. Bar 587 – It’s all about the atmosphere at Bar 587. With beautiful wood finishes, exposed brick lovely lighting and an extensive beer menu, you and your friends will get a true Union Square bar experience.
6. Rambler –The Rambler is one of The Square’s newest hottest bars, with its clandestine vibe and its 100 year old facade, you’ll feel as if you stepped back in time to enjoy a cocktail.
7. Hogwash - Hogwash is the place to go if beer is what you seek. With 30 beers on tap including Bay-Area draft beers, a great Belgian beer selection and lots of craft options that come all the way from Colorado to New York to Japan, they will make all of your beer dreams come true. And, if you are looking to go big, order your favorite beer in their 55 oz. Hog-Goblet!
8. Golden Gate Tap Room – You’ll have a blast at the Golden Gate Tap Room! They have an extensive list of rotating beers on tap including IPAs, ales, hefeweizen, lagers, pilsners, stouts and more! Plus, they have great snacks and fun games to play like pool, shuffleboard, SkeeBall and arcade games.
9. Burritt Room +Tavern - After a long and fun day of drinking, you’ll be ready to sit down and relax for a bit before your last hurrah. Come try a nice beer on tap, or a large bottle of beer to share with your group and enjoy their speakeasy décor and live jazz music.
10. The Irish Bank – This is the perfect spot to finish the Union Square Pub Crawl. The Irish Bank has a great outdoor patio, a fun atmosphere and a wonderful selection of beer and food to choose from!