The food scene in Union Square is unlike any other. Top chefs, fresh ingredients and diverse flavors make dinning here a unique experience. Although we have countless places to choose from, here are some of our favorite dining destinations.
1. Kin Khao – The hottest Thai restaurant in town, Kin Kaho just made Eater SF’s list of Essential SF Restaurants. Chef Pim has packed a lot of flavor into a small venue with authentic Thai dishes, well-balanced cocktails and a great wine list.
2. Bartlett Hall – For a more casual night on the town, check out the Cali cuisine at Bartlett Hall. You’ll want to try one of their house-made beers or a tasty cocktail while you’re at it.
3. Redwood Room – This dimly lit, glamorous restaurant is a sleek place to grab a bite. Enjoy some oysters on the half shell and end your meal with some homemade ice cream.
4. Aveline – Sit back and be wowed by the unusual dishes on Aveline’s menu. The California ingredients paired with European technique are truly superb.
5. BDK- This stylish new restaurant has gone through some transitions, but it’s standing strong with a flavor-inspired drink menu and unique snacks like Thai curry popcorn.
6. Burritt Room + Tavern – Sleek and stylish atmosphere gives way to seasonal cuisine and truly delicious drinks at this Union Square standby. Basically, you can’t go wrong here.
7. Hops & Hominy – If you like Southern food and beer, this is the spot for you. You’ll enjoy a high-end experience while noshing on comfort food.
8. Taj Campton Place – Sometimes you need a Michelin Star restaurant – that’s when you head to this internationally-inspired outpost for top notch cuisine.
9. First Crush- The name says it all! Enjoy fresh, local ingredients as you sip on one of their 200 bottles of wine in their dimly lit, cozy wine cellar.
10. 398 Brasserie - This trendy dining spot serves euro-American cuisine and has a large selection of local and international wine. Chef Sam Fechheimer will take care of you here.