*Guest post by Jae Payne, Creative Manager of London Sole.
It’s Tuesday morning and I’m on my way to work. Françoise Hardy’s Voila is playing in my ears as I stroll down Maiden Lane. Gazing at all the beautiful window displays while sipping my coffee and enjoying my delicious pastry from Café Madeline, I’m reminded of the opening scene in Breakfast at Tiffany’s - Audrey Hepburn’s character, Holly Golightly wearing a black dress, black elbow length gloves, oversized black sunglasses, pearls and a little tiara - the definition of Sixties glamour.
1. Diana Von Furstenberg leather dress - Bastille, 66 Kearny St
2. Toby Pomeroy gold bracelet - Manika Jewelry, 11 Maiden Lane
3. London Sole Henrietta ballet flats - London Sole, 19 Maiden Lane
4. Stella McCartney oversized sunglasses - Saks Fith Ave, 384 Post St
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Clearly Colorblocked purse - Neiman Marcus, 150 Stockton St
This Spring you can be glamorous in all black and white or go bold in bright colors and mod prints. For an updated, Holly Golightly-inspired look, pair London Sole black and white toe-capped Henrietta ballet flats (London Sole, 19 Maiden Lane) with a chic black leather mini dress by Diane Von Furstenburg (Bastille, 66 Kearny St). In lieu of pearls and a tiara, add a large gold bracelet by Toby Pomeroy (Manika Jewelry, 11 Maiden Lane). Wear Stella McCartney’s oversized black sunglasses (Saks Fith Ave, 384 Post St) and a Marc by Marc Jacobs Clearly Colorblocked cross body purse for dramatic flair (Neiman Marcus, 150 Stockton St).
1. Sarah Swell Mini Mountain hoops, Manika Jewelry, 11 Maiden Lane
2. London Sole Heffner smoking slippers, London Sole, 19 Maiden Lane
3. Chanel sunglasses, Spectacles of Union Square, 177 Maiden Lane
4. Marc Jacobs purse, Marc Jacobs, 125 Maiden Lane
Go bold in bright colors and add a touch of 60’s mod to your outfit by pairing London Sole’s new electric blue suede Heffner smoking slippers with a matching blue mini dress (London Sole, 19 Maiden Lane). Be mod in monochrome by adding accessories in the same color. Marc Jacobs Shiny Teds Camden purse made from spazzolato leather is the perfect geometric addition to your outfit (Marc Jacobs, 125 Maiden Lane). Visit Spectacles for a bright blue pair of oversized Chanel sunglasses or browse their eclectic, vintage eyewear collection for truly authentic 60’s shades (Spectacles of Union Square, 177 Maiden Lane). It wouldn’t be a 60’s look without a pair of statement earrings: add studded hoops from Sarah Swell’s Ruina collection to complete your outfit (Manika Jewelry, 11 Maiden Lane).
The Sixties were more than just a time period; they were a state of mind and a decade of change. With that in mind, think beyond spring fashion trends and what’s hanging on the racks. Channel the spirit and energy of the decade, kick off your heels and swing into the square!