Let’s face it, some of the best hours of the day can be had during happy hour! There’s nothing like a good post-work happy hour to clear up that January gloom. Luckily, Union Square is filled with bars, restaurants and cocktail lounges with fabulous deals, so check out our top 10 happy hours in Union Square SF and start sipping!
1. Jellyfish Lounge at Farallon SF – Enjoy Farallon’s ethereal under sea décor while you nosh on a wide selection of tipples and bites, including bubbly and a half dozen oysters, each priced at $7 during their daily happy hour 4:30 – 6 pm.
2. Hawthorn – The midweek rush can be tough, but if you go to Union Square’s sleek nightclub Hawthorn on Wednesdays from 5 – 9 pm, you’ll be rewarded with $5 pisco drinks! Pisco is said to be the official drink of San Francisco, and you can choose from a pisco sour, a pisco punch or a pisco negroni.
3. E&O Kitchen & Bar – A great deal can be hard to come by in this town, so get yourself over to E&O for some $1 squash dumplings and $6 Old Fashioned cocktails with maple bitters alongside a nice little selection of tasty treats at similarly fantastic price points Mon – Sat. 3 - 6 pm.
4. The European – This elegant bar is the perfect spot for a little romantic rendez-vous, and if you’re there before 7 pm, you’ll get to sip bubbles or sophisticated cocktails like the European Sling with sloe gin, cherry herring and amaro for only $6.
5. Gaspar Brasserie – Feeling like a French cinq à sept? Check out Gaspar’s happy hour with $1 oysters and deviled eggs, plus $6 Champagne cocktails.
6. Klyde Café & Wine Bar – This California take on a classic American diner offers $5 glasses of select wine and $25 bottles every day from 3 - 7 pm.
7. Bartlett Hall – The bites really shine at this gastropub’s happy hour with $5 for tasty items like margarita pizza and their kale salad with fried Brussel sprouts and English cheddar. Plus, enjoy $1 off house brews.
8. Colibri Mexican Bistro – Finish off the work day with $5 margaritas, $7 tequila of the month and $6 bites like a poblano chile quesadilla or fish tacos.
9. M.Y. China – Nosh on M.Y. China’s delicious Chinese bites like Salt & Pepper Calamari and Crispy Tofu for only $5. Pair that with a $7 cocktail like the Vesper with gin, vodka and Cocchi Americano and you’ve got a great start to your night.
10. Puccini & Pinetti - This neighborhood classic offers happy hour specials seven days a week. Sip on $5 well cocktails, $7 Martinis and $4 glasses of wine as you nibble on traditional Italian bites.