The holidays are almost here, and Union Square is the heart of holiday fun in San Francisco! Here is our list of must hit activities this November and December in Union Square SF!
1. Winter Walk SF – Winter Walk SF, our inviting pop-up plaza in the heart of Union Square, returns for it's final year this Holiday season. For 5 weeks (Nov. 25 – Jan.1), two blocks of Stockton Street (between Geary and Ellis Streets) will open for winter merriment with food trucks, a beer and wine garden, live performances, carolers and other wintery surprises!
2. Holiday Sugar Castles at the Westin St. Francis Hotel - This year, The Westin St. Francis will unveil not just one, but two handcrafted castles created by Executive Pastry Chef Jean-François Houdré and his team. Adding a touch of modernity, the 12-feet Enchanted Castle features a rotating winter wonderland of elaborate gift boxes, gingerbread trees and even more brilliantly colored candies this year. Plus, elves can be spotted climbing all the way up to a towering castle.
3. Safeway Holiday Ice Rink in Union Square presented by Alaska Airlines - What could be better than ice skating in the center of it all here in Union Square SF? The Safeway Holiday Ice Rink is a beloved holiday tradition here and the perfect way to round out a day of shopping or holiday adventures with friends. Fun for people of all ages, this magical adventure is now open through January 16, 2017.
4. Macy’s Holiday Windows - Get in on this cuteness overload with the SPCA puppies and kittens as they play in Macy’s windows this holiday season. These adoptable animals will be on display and helping to raise money for the SPCA’s vital programs throughout the holiday season!
5. Tea under the Tree - There’s just something so festive about a formal tea with family and friends during the holidays! Stop by the Sir Francis Drake hotel for Tea under The Tree, complete with a roaring fire and a 27-foot Christmas tree! And, they’ve partnered with Crown & Crumpet gain this year to bring you a proper English tea service.
6. The Westin St. Francis Sweet Boutique - Satisfy your sweet tooth with a selection of freshly-baked decorative cookies, orange-scented shortbread, gingerbread men, and rice crispy treats, all available for purchase every weekend from November 26th through December 18th.
7. Bill Graham Menorah – Since 1975, the Bill Graham Menorah has been light each night of Hanukkah here in Union Square and this beautiful ceremony will continue once again this year. Come enjoy music, traditional Chanukah food, and of course the lighting of the 25 ft. tall Chanukah menorah!
8. A Christmas Carol at A.C.T. – This holiday classic features a beautifully costumed cast of holiday characters, entertaining musical numbers and deliciously spooky ghosts! It’s the perfect family outing this holiday season, so be sure to grab your tickets now before they sell out! Runs November 25th through December 24th.
9. Santa Claus is coming to Town – The holidays are not complete without a trip to see “The Big Guy” himself. Get your picture with Santa at Westfield San Francisco Centre from November 20th through December 24th, and don’t forget to bring your wish list!
10. Santa Paws - Does your furry friend have a wish list for Santa? Bring your pet to Westfield San Francisco Centre for a special photo op with Santa on December 11th!