It’s no secret that Union Square is holiday central in the Bay Area, which is why we’re already celebrating the season this November.
Check out our top five reasons we love November in Union Square:
1. The Ice Rink is open now! Yes, that’s right folks, you can get your skate on every day from 10 am to 11:30 pm and enjoy fun events like Drag Queens on Ice, the Polar Bear skate (bathing suit skating) and Single in the City (a single’s skating night)
2. There’s less than a month until Winter Walk launches! Winter Walk is a festive open space along two blocks of Stockton Street (Geary to Ellis) with seating, lighting and some magical holiday surprises like a nightly light art show projected onto Macy’s Men’s building, roaming carolers and holiday characters, Off the Grid Food trucks and more! It all starts November 28th with an official kick-off on December 3rd with Off the Grid.
3. Holiday shopping deals abound! Yup, it’s time to get your holiday shopping done early. Lots of friends and family deals (Goorin Bros & Gap this week) happen in November. Plus, shops want you to come on down before the rush, so they’re offering special gifts with purchase, discounts and other fun surprises. Many shops already have extended store hours as well to help you fit in gift buying trips.
4. Black Friday Cometh! Of course, the best deals await those who are willing to brave the crowds on Black Friday. Yes, it’s busy here, but it’s also celebratory, fun, exciting and most of all a chance for an excellent deal. Check back for our Black Friday blog post with all the Black Friday specials we can find!
5. The Macy’s Holiday Tree Lighting! Macy’s will celebrate their beautiful, reusable 83’ tree decorated with more than 33,000 twinkling LED lights and 1,100 ornaments during the 25th Annual Great Tree Lighting Ceremony in Union Square on Friday, Nov. 28 at 6 pm. Expect a dazzling show including America’s Got Talent Star Quintavious Johnson ("The Little Man with a Strong Voice"), The San Francisco Boys Chorus, Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon, Tap Dancing Christmas Trees and the Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir. It’s sure to be a blast. Don’t forget to arrive early to get a good spot!