Union Square is the heart of the City, which makes it the perfect place to plan your next date. Whether you’re planning a first date with someone new, a fun night out with your bae or a romantic getaway with your better half, these top date ideas in Union Square SF are sure to make sparks fly!
1. Dinner and a Movie – Dinner and a movie is a date night classic, but why not kick it up a notch by going to Hakkasan, Morton’s The Steakhouse or The Rotunda for dinner. Then head over to Century San Francisco Centre 9 in Westfield San Francisco Centre to catch a movie. And, the best part of all, this theater serves beer and wine and has comfy recliner seats!
2. Enjoy Live Music – It’s always fun to go out and enjoy live music! You’ll have great time singing along and requesting your favorite songs from Lady Gaga to Journey at Dueling Pianos at Johnny Foley’s Irish House. Or, for a more romantic setting, come grab a cocktail and enjoy Live Jazz Nights at the Burritt Room + Tavern.
3. Take a Cooking Class – A great way to spend some quality time with your sweetie is taking a cooking class together. And, Williams-Sonoma here in The Square offers new classes every month that focus on local, organic and seasonal ingredients. Great for beginners trying to learn the basics as well as advanced cooks wanting to explore new cuisines.
4. Trivia Night – Switch up date night with a little friendly competition at The Romper Room’s 90’s Trivia Night that takes place very Monday from 7-9pm. Perfect for a double date or a group date!
5. Couples Massage – For a romantic, relaxing and peaceful experience, schedule a couples massages at one of the tops salons and day spas here in Union Square. Some of our favorite spas for couples massages include: Pure Organic Spa and La Belle Day Spas and Salons.
6. Play Games – Have fun and be silly this date night at the Golden Gate Tap Room. Come grab one of their many fabulous beers and spend your evening playing games like pool, shuffleboard, foosball, air hockey, pinball and other classic arcade games.
7. See a Show – Union Square is home to a wonderful selection of world-class theaters, and what better way to spend an evening out with your special someone then at show at A.C.T.’s Geary Theater, San Francisco Playhouse or at Un-Scripted Theater Company.
8. Go Wine Tasting – Wine tasting is always a bit date night hit, especially here in Union Square. Be sure to stop by ENO Wine Bar, First Crush Wine Bar and Restaurant, or Rouge et Blanc to try some of the best wines San Francisco has to offer!
9. Be a Tourist – Whether you’re new to Union Square or you come here every day, sometimes it’s fun to be a local for the day and hop on a cable car, rent a Gocar, or follow the Barbary Coast Trail around The Square to learn about important, historical sites.
10. Picnic in the Park – Union Square Park is a great place to stop and people watch. You can pack your own picnic for two, or grab lunch at Emporio Rulli or Bancarella, two delicious cafes located inside the park.