Let’s face it, you can find anything on earth in Union Square you could possibly want to purchase for the ladies in your life. Instead of giving you a laundry list of items from the classics like jewelry to the hottest new tech gadgets (all readily available here), we’ve curated a list of unusual, thoughtful and unique gifts to surprise your friends and family!
1. Look Euro-chic with this Coast Jacket by J+G from Trendy Mondays on Sutter St. With snake print faux-leather this tailored blazer is sure to stand out. ($331- 25% off).
2. Pat Areas on Maiden Lane specializes in luxurious belt buckles and other silver accessories, including this delicate, lightweight necklace handmade with hammered sterling silver balls of varying sizes. It makes a wonderful gift for the fashion-savvy gal who has it all ($775.00).
3. Scala’s Bistro’s executive pastry chef Kimberly Bugler has created a set of handmade chocolates inspired by the different neighborhoods of San Francisco with flavors like White Chocolate Negroni for the Castro, Milk Chocolate and Five Spice for Chinatown and Candied Pasilla and Arbol Chiles for the Mission – the perfect gift for any fan of the City by the Bay and chocolate, of course. Pick up a box at the front desk or enjoy them as dessert ($21).
4. Art can make a truly thoughtful gift. Try this photograph by Rob and Nick Carter called Peony II After Rachel Ruysch from Jenkins Johnson Gallery. It is sure to impress. (Contact gallery for pricing.)
5. Bring a little piece of SF home with you with the I Left My Heart tote from the San Francisco Travel Visitor Information Center. Get it for only $5 with a purchase of $50 from their selection of unique locally-made gifts.
6. This bkr glass water bottle is all the rage this season. A staple at fashion week and loved by A-list celebrities, bkr has gained a dedicated following for this stylish and convenient chemical-free bottle ($30).
7. Babette is a lovely little boutique on Sutter St. full of uncommon gifts for a sophisticated woman. These Erik & Mike Oversized Felt Bags are handmade by craftswomen of Nepal. Sturdy and vibrant, these bags are the perfect holiday gift ($195).
8. & 11. What girl doesn’t love cashmere? Get this 100% cashmere sweater ($99.90 and up) or scarf ($39.90) from Uniqlo at an affordable price! Both come in tons of colors and styles to fit your lady’s taste!
9. Stop by Macy’s for these adorable Kate Spade mugs and plates. A lettered mug from kate spade new york makes every sip more stylish ($15 each).
10. Crafted from faux leather in a chic saffiano finish, this spacious Saks-branded tote is the perfect companion for daily essentials and all those delightful shopping finds ($48).
12. If your lady is more of a DIYer, try a gift certificate from Britex - perfect for the blossoming DIYer or experienced maker, she’ll definitely have a blast wandering the floors of colorful fabrics, notions and craft gear!