We’re upping our Black Friday game in Union Square SF this year with more deals, special gifts, perks and surprises than you can shake a turkey at! To help you get the most out of your shopping, here are our top tips for a successful Black Friday in Union Square!
1. Plan Your Attack - We’ve put together the most comprehensive list of Black Friday happenings in Union Square available. This is your guide to choosing the top stores you want to hit ahead of time. Of course, there’s something to be said for just flying by the seat of your pants, too.
2. Check Your List Twice – If you’re planning to get gifts, it never hurts to do a little prep by finding out what your friends and family want this year and putting together a game plan
3. Eat, Drink and be Merry – Not only is the Chairman truck giving out free food in front of Capital One 360 this year, but we have a whole variety of lovely restaurants offering deals and drink specials, so take that respite and enjoy your afternoon!
4. Timing is Everything – Morning people, this is your time to shine! Many shops open up in the wee hours of the morning or even on Thanksgiving Day. Dedicated shoppers. Be sure to grab a cup of joe at the top coffee shops in Union Square SF.
5. Enjoy Holiday Happenings – Black Friday isn’t just a shopping day in Union Square. You can also catch the Macy’s holiday tree lighting ceremony, a showing of A Christmas Carol at A.C.T., the Nutcracker light show at the Westfield SF Centre, an ice skating session or check out our festive new Winter Walk along Stockton Street. Visit our events page for a full list of activities.
6. Don’t Take It Too Seriously – In San Francisco, we never take shopping too seriously. Yes, we’re here to score deals, stock up on fabulous designer clothes and grab gifts for friends and family, but we’re not here to knock down old ladies to get the last designer bag on sale! Relax and be nice to your fellow shoppers.
7. First You Have to Get Here – We along with the SFMTA want you to know that public transit is your friend during the holidays. We are easily accessible by BART, Muni trains and buses, Caltrain and more, but if you choose to drive the SFMTA is sweetening the deal for carpools. The Holiday Carpool Program provides 1 hour free parking for cars with 3 passengers and 2 hours for cars with 4 or more passengers.
8. Shop with Friends & Family – Get together a brigade of deal-loving galavanters to maximize the fun.
Don’t forget, we’ll be updating our Black Friday event page as soon as we hear about new deals, and we’ll be tweeting out any last minute discoveries @UnionSquareSF #BlackFriday.