Who doesn’t love pizza? And now you don’t have to go to Chicago or New York to have the best pie of your life. Here are some of our favorite spots to grab a pizza here in Union Square.
1. Tratto - Pizza is the star of the show at Tratto. With simple fresh ingredients like mushrooms, Fontina and basil pesto to Calabrian sausage, broccolini and ricotta you’ll see why this new restaurant has quickly become a local hotspot to grab a great pizza!
2. Scala’s Bistro – Scala’s gives classic Italian favorites a modern twist, and that holds true for their pizzas. You can’t go wrong with their Sausage Pizzetta topped with sweet Italian sausage, gypsy peppers and Ramini buffalo mozzarella or their Cappa Pizzetta with stracciatella, coppa picante and broccoli rabe.
3. Bartlett Hall – You can’t go wrong with a house-brewed beer and a pizza from Bartlett Hall. Our favorite is their Calabrese pizza with Calabrian chile sausage, caramelized onions, oil cured olives, Italian cheese blend and marinara all on their house made dough. And, you can get a half of a pizza for just $5 from 3-6pm daily during their happy hour pizza special!
4. Puccini & Pinetti – This modern Italian grill serves up some darn good pizza! We love their Fig Pizza with seasonal figs, goat cheese, mozzarella, pancetta, caramelized onions, chives and balsamic reduction. And, don’t forget to ask about their gluten free crust!
5. Kuleto’s Italian Restaurant – Kuleto’s takes pizza to a whole new level! Their Pizzetta with fresh mission figs, Gorgonzola, balsamic onions, arugula and black pepper honey is bursting with flavor and is always cooked to perfection with a nice crispy crust.
6. Zingari – Zingari’s Pizza Bianca is a real treat! Made with four types of cheese: Parmesan, mozzarella, pecorino and asiago topped with shaved garlic and chili oil, and the option to add shrimp and arugula. We know you’ll come back time and time again for this pizza.
7. The Cheesecake Factory – If you’re looking for a great pizza and a killer view, The Cheesecake Factory on the 8th floor of Macy’s takes the prize! We love their B.B.Q Chicken Pizza with smoked Gouda cheese, red onions and cilantro.
8. Café Bellini – Café Bellini’s hand-tossed pizza has been a local favorite for the past 15 years. Whether you are looking for a traditional cheese or pepperoni pizza, or something a little fancier like a Con Prosciutto pizza with Prosciutto di Parma ham, arugula with mozzarella cheese and their house tomato sauce, you’ll find the perfect pizza to satisfy your craving.
9. Powell Street Pizza – If you are on the move or looking for a quick bite late at night, head to Powell Street Pizza for a pizza to-go or by the slice!
10. Boudin Bakery – If you’re looking for a true San Francisco style pizza, head to Boudin Bakery for a hand-stretched sourdough crust pizza with your choice of toppings including goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes!