Union Square is home to some of the City’s finest restaurants and eateries that offer extravagant meals made by some of the nation’s top chefs. But, just because you’re enjoying some of the best dishes in SF doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. From gastropubs to upscale French brasseries and everything in between, we have looked far and wide to find some of the best lunches in Union Square SF for under $15.
1. 398 Brasserie – One of the best lunches in The Square is the Smoked Salmon Plate at 398 Brasserie that comes with crème fraîche, capers, mixed greens and grilled levain bread, it’s hard to believe it’s only $12.
2. Golden Gate Tap Room – If you are looking for a true bargain, then swing by the Golden Gate Tap Room for their weekday lunch special! $12 gets you a delicious burger, fries & beer (draft selection up to $6).
3. Bluestem Brasserie – On a long, cool day nothing is more comforting then Blusestem Brasserie’s $9 macaroni & cheese. Add bacon for just $2 more and you’ve got yourself a truly amazing lunch!
4. Sushi Boat – A local’s lunch secret is Sushi Boat’s chicken teriyaki lunch special that is served with some of the best miso soup in the City, salad and rice for just $13.95.
5. Hogwash – The Abe Froman at Hogwash is one of our favorite lunches period. Made with beef, cheddar and bacon sausage, Thousand Island dressing, chopped romaine, tomatoes and pickles on a freshly baked roll, it will be the best $12.50 that you’ve ever spent!
6. Tratto – If you love pizza, Tratto is one of our favorite spots to grab a slice here in The Square. $12 gets you one of their famous tomato, mozzarella and basil pizzas that’s big enough to share.
7. E&O Kitchen and Bar – If you need a little mid-day pick-me-up then you must try E&O’s $13 Spicy Pork Sandwich with pickled veggies, roasted scallion aioli and served with a side of house-made chips, its sure to get you energized for the rest of your day.
8. Dirty Habit – Dirty Habit’s $12 chicken wings with sweet soy and chili vinaigrette are absolutely scrumptious! But for a real treat, try their $12 duck corn dogs with papaya duck fat mayo and pomegranate.
9. Boudin Sourdough Café – You can’t beat Boudin’s soup and salad combo with your choice of any salad and soup in a sourdough bread bowl for just $9.59 – P.S. they make some of the City’s best Clam Chowder!
10. Sears Fine Food – For a classic San Francisco lunch, you have to try Sears Fine Food’s famous beer battered fish and chips served with a side of fries and cole slaw for $14.95.