There are a million reasons why we love Union Square during the summer, but if we absolutely had to choose, we would go with these top five.
- 1. The Visitors – Hey, it’s our number one industry here in San Francisco, and even though the streets are crowded, it creates an undeniable buzz of excitement and activity in Union Square!
- 2. Union Square Live – We sponsor this series of free concerts in the Square. Some of our favorites are Swing in the Square with local retro jazz bands or Salsa in the Square. Where else can you get your moves on out in the fresh air? Get the whole schedule here.
- 3. Summer Sales – Right now there are sales at AllSaints, Brooks Brothers, Karen Millen, Club Monaco, Lacoste, Williams-Sonoma, CB2 and Crate & Barrel to name a few! It’s a great time to stock up on outfits or freshen up your pad.
- 4. Summer Cocktails – We’re home to some of the most talented bartenders around. Stop by Burritt Room, Gaspar, The European or Cantina for a carefully crafted icy libation to cool ya down!
- 5. Al Fresco Dining – We have some excellent spots for dining in the open air, including Bancarella (right on the Square), Café de la Presse and The Irish Bank. Plus, you can always get your lunch to go and eat it on the steps in the Square. We heart impromptu picnics!