If you ask us Union Square is one of the most convenient places in San Francisco to plan a wedding and get married. We have all the top jewelry boutiques, bridal shops and event venues in the city, all within a few blocks. Plus, Union Square Park makes a fabulous proposal venue (just see this Youtube video of a flashmob proposal). Basically, you can get everything done in the heart of San Francisco and have time to actually enjoy the lead-up to this wonderful event! To kick off our 2015 bridal series, here is our list of the top 10 wedding dress shops in Union Square!
1. Amy Kuschel – This lovely bridal boutique is perfect for a modern bride with classic sensibilities. With a wide variety of demure and vintage-inspired dresses, you’re sure to find something to fit your style. The brand releases a new collection every year, but each gown is made-to-order and customizable
2. Jin Wang – This bridal atelier carries Jin’s stunning creations as well as a selection of designer gowns all made to order. The space itself is a site to see, spanning a large penthouse covered in white, floor to ceiling and filled with beautiful white frocks.
3. Vera Wang – The iconic house of wedding gowns presides over Union Square from a gorgeous second story space. Elegance, sophistication and modernity ooze from every dress.
4. Marina Morrison – Designer brides, this is your spot. Marina Morrison carries 16 prestigious designer wedding gown brands in a beautiful, expansive showroom on Maiden Ln. They are the exclusive Northern California dealer for several brands, including Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera and Marchesa. Be sure to book an appointment well in advance.
5. Azadeh – This boutique specializes in custom and ready-to-wear special occasion gowns. Though it is not exclusively bridal, they do design sophisticated wedding gowns and can create a gown to fit your tastes.
6. eDressit – You’ll find a variety of unique and vibrant options at this Sutter St. boutique. eDressit's dedicated design and fit teams are obsessed with creating gorgeous wedding gowns at affordable prices.
7. Alifa Wong – Alifa Wong offers an unusual but intuitive combination of services, including a host of beauty services and an exclusive bridal boutique. By appointment only, Alifa Wong carries Aria Wedding Dresses, a collection of classic and gorgeous gowns.
8. Nordstrom in the Westfield SF Centre – This flagship Department store has a lovely bridal boutique with a variety of designers available. Their consultants are happy to put together ensembles for brides and bridal parties, whether you’re having a small backyard affair or renting out a winery in Napa.
9. J. Crew- If you’re on the more casual side, you may want to take a peek at the wedding selection J. Crew. Their simple, clean lines allow brides to shine.
10. Macy’s – for a non-traditional approach to the dress, Macy’s has a beautiful formalwear section with many dresses that would serve well for a bride who wants something other than a big white dress.