The holidays officially began this week when the first skaters glided across the Union Square Ice Rink! Union Square is the heart of holiday fun in San Francisco, and November is when it all starts. Here are our top 5 favorite parts of November in Union Square SF:
1. The Ice Rink is open! Grab the whole family and get your skates on every day now through Jan. 18. Details and tickets are here.
2. Winter Walk SF is back and bigger than last year! Starting Nov. 27, walk around on plush green turf and enjoy Off the Grid Food trucks, a nightly light art show on Macy’s Men’s building, carolers, live performances and other holiday surprises. More info here.
3. Holiday Deals and the mother of all sale days Black Friday are just around the corner! Lots of shops offer special holiday deals, gifts with purchase and events. We’ll keep you in the loop in our newsletter and on our events page. Plus, the mother of all annual sale days fast approaches! Black Friday will be back, and we’ll have all the info on these exciting discounts on our events page.
4. The Macy’s Holiday Tree Lighting will bring its magic back to Union Square on Nov. 27 with their 83 foot tall tree and performances by top celebs like American Idol star Jordin Sparks. Details here.
5. SPCA Holiday Windows at Macy’s! Adorable puppies and kittens in holiday decorated windows – need we say more? Wait, there is more – they’ll be periodically walked on the Winter Walk starting Nov. 20. Details here.